Call for Papers
Date: October 5-6, 2017
Venue: Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2017
The Lithuanian Society for the Study of Religions in cooperation with Latvian Society for the Study of Religions and Estonian Society for the Study of Religions invites proposals for its upcoming international conference “Religion(s) and Power(s)”. To encourage new directions in the critical research of interrelations of religion(s) and power(s) from a broad range of approaches, we are seeking proposals on a wide range of topics including:
- Private and public religions
- Religions and politics
- Non-religion and power
- Religious inequalities and discrimination
- Religions, human rights and justice
- Powers of/within religions
- Religion and nationalism
- Mythology, divine kinship and power
- Religion and colonialism
- Religions and education.
Other topics related to the conference theme are also encouraged.
Conference paper and session proposals must be sent by June 15, 2017. Please send your 250-300 word abstract and a 200-word personal bio to email: email@example.com
Important conference dates:
- June 15, 2017 – submission of conference paper and session proposals;
- July 1, 2017 – notification of paper/session proposal acceptance;
- July 1, 2017 – opening of registration for the conference;
- August 15, 2017 – closing of registration for the conference;
- September 1, 2017 – announcement of the conference program
For more information, please visit the conference page at Lithuanian Society for the Study of Religions’ website.