Based in Georgetown University's Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding, The Bridge Initiative is a multi-year research project that connects the academic study of Islamophobia with the public square.
Through its website, The Bridge Initiative disseminates original and accessible research, offers engaging commentary on contemporary news, and hosts a repository of high-caliber studies, polls, articles, and other informational resources. By wedding rigorous research and analysis with the accessibility and reach of the Internet, the Bridge Initiative seeks to fulfill Thomas Jefferson's dream of a "well-informed citizenry."
The mission of Georgetown University's Center, since its founding in 1993, has been to build stronger bridges of understanding between the Muslim World and the West, focusing on Islam AND the West and Islam IN the West.
- Director: John L. Esposito
- Associate Director: Tamara Sonn
- A New Era in American Politics: The Trump Administration and Mainstream Islamophobia
June 23, 2017
- Danger & Dialogue: American Catholic Public Opinion and Portrayals of Islam
September 3, 2016
- When Islamophobia Turns Violent: The 2016 U.S. Presidential Elections
May 2, 2016
- The Super Survey: Two Decades of Americans’ Views on Islam & Muslims
November 19, 2015