Date: October 23, 2016
Lecturer: Taha Ghayyur
As Canada marks Islamic History Month every October, it's an opportunity to explore the vibrant history of Islam and Muslim presence in Canada.
On October 23, 2016, Br. Taha Ghayyur, Director of Communications at Sound Vision, in this webinar will talk about some fascinating stories of the first institutions, pioneers, and leaders of Canadian Muslim community.
The following questions will be answered:
- Who initiated the fundraising and construction of the first Mosque / Masjid in Canada in 1930's?
- Where is the 2nd Mosque of Canada located?
- Who are the pioneers of Toronto and Canadian Muslim communities?
About Taha Ghayyur
Taha Ghayyur is a writer, public speaker, Khatib, community organizer, and leadership trainer in Toronto, Canada.
- Director of Communications, Sound Vision
- Executive Director, Burma Task Force Canada
- Leadership and Communications Trainer, Word Matters Institute
- Board member, DawaNet
- Board member and former Chairperson, MuslimFest
- Program Development team, Understanding Islam Academy
- Advisory Committee Member, Muslim Studies Program at Emmanuel College, University of Toronto, since 2013
- Member, the Institute for Performance and Learning
- Writer, speaker & trainer on youth, leadership, community development, personal development issues