Imam Musa al-Kazim (A.S.) said, "Blessed are our followers (the shiites) who during the time of occupation (Ghaybah) of the Imam of the Age, identify themselves with our Authority (wilayah) and keep away from our enemies. They belong to us and we belong to them. They have accepted our leadership and we are pleased with their adherence. Therefore, blessed are they. I swear to Allah that they will be with us in our rank in Paradise".
(Kamaaluddin vol.2 Pg.361. Kifayatul Asar Pg.265-266)
In the third episode of the second series of” PERSPECTIVE” TV program, named as” The Era of Occultation: leadership, Guidance & Expectancy”, Dr. Rahimian and Dr. Fani, university lecturers and Islamic studies scholars, discuss the above mentioned topic by answering to the following questions:
1. What are the main reasons and the philosophy of occultation? Would it not lead to the quandary and predicament of people since the Imam is responsible for guiding and supervising the humankind?
2. As it was mentioned one of the main duties of Imam is to guide and lead people, so what is the use of an Imam who lives in the state of occultation for centuries for the world and esp. for the Muslims?
3. Considering the disagreements and discrepancies evident among the Shias throughout the history of occultation, how can the principle of guidance be explained?
4. How does Imam Mahdi (a.t.f.s.) look after the affairs of people of the world and attend their needs at time of occultation? Or in other words in which daily matters and affairs do we benefit from the Vilayat and the Guardianship of Imam Mahdi (a.t.f.s.)?
5. In spite of all the religious and pious people in the word who are involved in the welfares and charities, why doesn’t Imam Mahdi (a.t.f.s.) appear?
6. What is the actual meaning of expectancy and awaiting at the time of occultation? And what exactly is the Ideal that we are expecting?
7. What are our duties at the time of occultation? And what are the uses and practical outcomes of waiting for the appearance of Imam Mahdi (a.t.f.s.)?
8. Considering all the confusions and perplexities evident in the beliefs and social values of the people of the world, how can we receive the true and authentic teachings of religion and also overcome the difficulties in maintaining our religion at the time of occultation?
9. Do some people esp. religious scholars and jurists have direct contacts with Imam Mahdi (a.t.f.s.) at the time of occultation?
10. Are there any recommendations in our traditions in order to guide us how to meet Imam Mahdi (a.t.f.s.)? After all aren’t we supposed to try our best to meet him?
11. How can we have spiritual relations with Imam Mahdi (a.t.f.s.) at the time of occultation? And how do we benefit from it?
: View Status