The first Islamic online eLearning platform
The Junior Hawza Program
The Islamic Syllabus project began in 2009. It was launched as a result of a conference between several Islamic Schools (madressahs) from around Australia, held at the Imam Hasan Centre, Annangrove, Sydney.
At this conference, this was agreed that there was a need for a new syllabus for our schools, and that the main features would need to be:
- Accurate, well-sourced and referenced content
- Relevance to Muslim students living in the West
- A stronger focus on theology
- Linguistic adequacy (grammar, fluency of language)
After this initial conference, a team of Islamic school (madressah) teachers, most of whom are/were eHAWZA students, began to compile lessons in a systematic manner under the general supervision of Sheikh Mansour Leghaei. In the years since then, over 600 lessons have been compiled, across three major streams and five study levels.
The Islamic Syllabus continues to be a work in progress, with a number of planned stages for continuing development of the syllabus.
This project has only been possible by the support of dedicated brothers and sisters who have spent countless hours writing and reviewing content. Each is a student of Islamic Theology, a professional (in their own field of expertise) and a teacher at an Islamic Center in their area. With decades of collective experience teaching Islamic Studies for a variety of age groups has allowed each one to produce well written, well referenced lessons.
- The Holy Qur’an
- Hadith Encyclopaedias, in particular ‘The Scale of Wisdom’ (Mizanul Hikmah) and ‘The Lamp Niche for the Best Traditions’ (Mishkatul Anwar fi Ghuraril Akhbar)
- Islamic Laws book of Ayatollah Sistani
- eHAWZA, Imam Husain Islamic Centre, ehawza.com
The syllabus is currently in use in the following Islamic centres and/or their schools:
- Imam Husain Islamic Centre, Sydney, Australia
- Ahlul Bayt Islamic Centre, Sydney, Australia
- Imam Hasan Centre, Sydney, Australia
- Nabi Akram Islamic Centre, Sydney, Australia
- Masjid al-Redha, Sydney, Australia
- Al Zahra Islamic School, Brisbane, Australia
- Islamic School, Perth, Australia
- Noor Acadamy, Auckland, New Zealand
- Islamic School, London, UK
More information at: islamicsyllabus.com