The Islamic Education Center of Houston serves the community as a center for the Friday congregation, Islamic celebrations, community programs, and above all – a center for imparting knowledge about Islam and promoting Islamic values. A large part of the IEC premises is occupied by the Al-Hadi School of Accelerative Learning. The IEC thrives under the guidance of our resident scholar Maulana Hurr Shabbiri, diligence of our board members, hard work of our volunteers and generosity of our selfless members.
Among the primary goals of IEC is to inform and educate non-Muslims and Muslims about Islam, and to provide information about Islam on varying levels of inquiry, from the casual passer-by to a believing and practicing Muslim who wishes to extend his or her knowledge and level of piety.
Da’wa Program: Provides information on Islam
To cater to the needs of people from other religions and beliefs, IEC has done extensive work to setup a Da'wa program. The main objective of this program is not to convert people to Islam, but to open the doors to the general public to accommodate anyone who has interest in learning about the religion of Islam. The goal is to inform and educate people and provide information about Islam on varying levels of inquiry, from the casual passer-by to a believing and practicing Muslim who wishes to extend his knowledge and level of piety. Extensive literature is available in the form of kits. There are three sets of literature kits, starting from the introductory level which introduces Islam as a religion to a non-Muslim to the intermediate and more advanced topics such as Fiqh and Islamic teachings and principles. Additional activities include providing free copies of the Holy Quran.
Al-Sadiq Islamic Academy
- Facilitate students' learning of Islamic history, beliefs, morals and jurisprudence.
- Provide instruction for students in recitation of Quran by familiarizing them with Arabic script and recitation rules; promote understanding of Quranic Arabic by focusing on key, repetitive vocabulary; practice memorization of chapters from the Quran.
- Help students to connect with, and hopefully create a lifetime relationship with, the Quran and Ahlulbayt by illuminating how their teachings apply to daily life.
- Utilize modern teaching strategies and techniques to help students achieve attainable goals in understanding Islamic teachings and implementing them into their lives.
What We Offer:
- Specialized preschool program (must be four years old by September, 2014)
- Specialized, interactive Kindergarten program
- Diniyat classes for children in first grade through 12th grade, integrating Islamic history, beliefs, morals, and jurisprudence
- Four levels of Quran classes, concentrating on recitation, meaning, and memorization
- Quran Tafseer, Tajweed & Tarteel classes