International Conference of Shii Studies
Call for Papers
Date: December 7-9, 2017
Venue: The Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, NJ, USA
Proposal Submission Deadline: March 1, 2017
The undersigned are pleased to invite paper proposals for a conference on “Shii Studies: The State of the Art.” The conference is part of a larger endeavor aimed at fostering the scholarly exploration of all aspects of Shiism: the “Shii Studies Research Program”, funded by the Carnegie Foundation. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- the history of the study of Shiism (proto- and early Shiism; Zaydism; Twelver Shia; Isma’iliyya);
- the history and / or current status of Shii manuscript repositories;
- future perspectives for research on Shiism;
- trends, past and present, in scholarship on Shiism;
- the status of Shii Studies in academic curricula.
The deadline for the submission of paper proposals is March 1, 2017. Successful applicants will be notified by April 1, 2017. Their travel expenses (economy) as well as accommodation and board will be covered through the “Shii Studies Research Program”.
Selected papers will be published in a special issue of the peer-reviewed Shii Studies Review (Brill, Leiden), vol. 3, devoted to the topic “Shii Studies: The State of the Art”.
Source: Institute for Advanced Study (IAS)